Wednesday, January 21, 2009

16 Things About Me - 2nd post today

I'm a daily reader of Ali Edwards' blog and today she took on the blogland challenge of writing 16 things about herself. I decided to join in the fun, so here it goes -- 16 random things about me:

1. I drink a cup of coffee every morning with fat-free vanilla creamer. My day just isn't complete without it! It's funny because I used to hate coffee.

2. You know how most people can't stand the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard? Well for me, the worst sound is when people chew on ice. Sends me through the roof!

3. I love the colors blue and green together. And orange with pink. Especially when dabbling with art journals or painting. Those color combos just make me happy.

4. Tomorrow I'll be 23 weeks pregnant with my third child, which came as a total surprise. And although I'm getting excited I will be SO DONE with being pregnant after this one comes!

5. Every night I'm having very vivid and strange dreams. I've had them during every pregnancy. This time around we don't know if we're having a boy or girl so lately many of my dreams are related to having the baby and finding out if I have a third son, or my first daughter.

6. My husband and I watch reruns of Frasier almost every night before bed. Laughing is a good way to end the day.

7. I go through spurts of reading novels. Once I start reading a book, I don't like to be interrupted and could just read all day long if given the opportunity, which of course never happens with two kids around! So I have a stack of books on my bedroom bookshelf just waiting to be read!

8. My younger brother is an officer and a Cobra helicopter pilot in the Marine Corps. Although I couldn't be prouder, it always makes me a bit nervous.

9. One of my favorite movies of recent years is this version of Pride and Prejudice. The silly thing is even though I own the DVD, whenever it's on television I have to watch it! I would watch it every night if it were on!

10. I love being a vegetarian.

11. I'm a food lover, and one of my absolute favorite types of food is Thai food. Yum!

12. I love doing jigsaw puzzles. Growing up I used to do them with my grandma or my mom. We'd sip tea, listen to music, and work a huge 1,000 piece puzzle together. I haven't actually done that in a long time, but I find it very relaxing. It seems it's genetic because my 2-year-old loves working puzzles and is quite good at it, too!

13. I hate cleaning. With a passion. The only way I can get motivated to do it is to crank up the tunes of some of my favorite music.

14. Scrapbooking or dabbling with art journals makes me happy and content. I'm trying to find more time to fit them into my life. Here are a few of my favorite art journal pages from a few years ago:



15. I'm grateful that all four of my kids' grandparents are living, and so nearby, too. I have such fond memories of my own grandparents and miss them dearly. I wish they had lived long enough to see my kids.

16. I've started planning out our weekly dinners. I figure it out on Sunday each week and write them on my kitchen wipe board. It's working out well. Now I'm not panicking at 4:30 realizing I have no idea what to throw on the table for dinner. In the past few weeks I've made: chili with cornbread muffins, blueberry crumble for a dessert, vegetable and tofu ragu with mushroom bulghur pilaf, cheese ravioli, roasted red pepper and tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches, vegetable pasties, and tonight I made sloppy joes (with TVP) and coleslaw.

If you're a blogger and reading this, consider yourself tagged! I would love to read 16 things about YOU!

No comments: