Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Tea & Inspiration!


It's very late, I know, but that's when I usually have tea. The kids are in bed so I made myself a nice cup (decaf, of course!) and headed into my craft room to finish my Inspiration prompt. I'm joining artsymama's tea party later than most, but the day's not over yet (for me in Minnesota)! Welcome!


This lovely tea party inspired me to dig out my old tea set that was given to me as a little girl by my great aunt. I haven't seen it in years, and when I found it in a box in my basement and unwrapped a few pieces, I realized I hadn't remembered the pattern or just how small it was! It truly is a miniature tea set, meant for a little girl, but I can't wait to wash up all the pieces and introduce my son to the delights of a tea party, complete with milk, sugar, and cookies, of course! I have such wonderful memories of my mom making tea to pour into my little tea pot, filling the creamer with milk and the sugar bowl with sugar, and placing little cookies on the plates. I loved it and it made me feel so grown up! Those tea parties were extra special because my mom kept my tea set high up in the kitchen cabinet, safe from little hands that always wanted to play with the set, but could easily break the delicate china! So when we brought the set down to have tea, which wasn't very often, it truly was a special event.


(Notice how small the tea cup is next to my "normal" sized cup. And the tea pot is the same size as my mug!)

Thanks for joining me in a fun walk down memory lane. I hope you enjoyed your tea. Happy Spring!


(I'll post better pictures of my Inspiration pages after I take pictures in the light of day tomorrow!)

4 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

oh, just as I am on my way to bed, I had the good fortune to visit you! What an adorable little tea set.

I love thinking of you having tea with your son using it.

Thanks for sharing your pictures and your memories. I am going to make a cup of tea for myself, and read in bed. It's been a long day. :) Lidy

Bonnie said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and enjoying the tea goodies! I love your little set-so pretty and delicate!
I bet now that you are older you are glad that it was packed out of small hands reach or you wouldn't have such a treasured tea set!

Laume said...

Wandering in late for the tea party. You know the old saying - better late than never!
Your miniature tea set is sweet and i really like your inspiration pages. It sounds like a fun project. Busy day today but I hope to come back and visit a bit longer another time.

Laume said...

Oh, P.S. My boys loved tea parties when they were young too. Tea parties are NOT just for girls y'know!