Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Dream


I finally finished prompt #3 for the Cabinet of Curiosities challenge. I really loved this prompt because it gave me the perfect opportunity to do a collage about a place near and dear to my heart. I first went to Paris (my first time out of the U.S.) with my then boyfriend (now my husband) and fell in love with it. I remember stepping out onto the streets of Paris from the Metro underground and just being transported back in time. The sights, sounds, smells. I was enchanted.

Then in June, 2001 my husband and I were married outside in the courtyard of a lovely 13th century chateau in a very small town in the Loire Valley. Pure magic.

We returned to that same magical place in 2004 to celebrate our 3rd anniversary with our one-year-old son. And we can't wait to return with both of our boys.

We dream of France and Paris all the time. It's a very special place for us. We are francophiles, for sure! My husband speaks fluent French to our children and reads to them in French, too, so our three-year-old understands French and can speak it, too! Someday we may end up living in France, but until the next time we go, I'll rely on "my dreams of France".

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for sharing! It is lovely and such a lovely dream to have!

Kari said...

Ginger, this is absolutely spectacular. I love this piece!! The post is great too. Oh how I'd love to visit France someday. Hopefully with YOU! Weren't you planning to go this summer?
Cheers
Kari