Friday, February 20, 2009

Back to Reality

I'm home and finally getting back into the swing of things. My long scrapbooking retreat at The Paper Doll House was great, as always, and I'm so glad I got away before the baby arrives. I had an amazing time with friends, great food, a massage, naps, and lots of scrapbooking, of course. I'll post some of my layouts soon... In the meantime, here are the daily photos that I've taken since my last post:

Day 43: Lots of scrapping supplies for my long weekend!

Day 44 (photo 1): My scrapbooking retreat girlfriends

Day 44 (photo 2): The boys at home sleeping in the same room -- my hubby was brave while I was away!

Day 45 (photo 1): My Saturday vegetarian lunch at the retreat -- gotta love the placeholder!

Day 45 (photo 2): Homemade chocolate mousse for our nightly 10pm dessert -- a divine Valentine's Day treat!

Day 46: Squeezing in every ounce of scrapbooking before we leave later on Sunday...

Day 47: Uncle Nick with Julian and Vincent (my boys aren't into posing for the camera right now!) It was great to see my Marine brother again!

(And another photo of Vincent getting tickled!)

Day 48 (photo 1): Mark on his way to a job interview

Day 48 (photo 2): Julian's finished "100 Things" poster to celebrate the 100th day of school

Day 49: No photo today. I was having a big downer of a day, so instead I chose this quote for today by Mahatma Gandhi:

"Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning."

Day 50: I got my haircut -- a shorter "do"!

No comments: