Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Curiosity

Wow. I finished my page for prompt #2 in the Cabinet of Curiosities challenge. I say "wow" because it was so much fun! I'd never done a collage before and I definitely had a blast doing it, and I'm actually happy with the way it turned out.


I ended up using all 16 of the suggested tasks on my layout (yowza!). I wrote each task on a piece of paper and mixed them up in a metal bucket that was in my craft room. As I had time throughout the day today, I asked my 3-year-old son Julian to choose any piece of paper. He actually loved doing this and felt like he was "doing art" with me. He would even ask me, "Mommy, do you need another piece of paper yet?" So fun.

Here's the order that Julian chose, and it's exactly how I did my collage. (I was grateful he didn't choose something like 3-D first!) Paper, Picture, Charcoal, Sand, Pattern, Stamp, Text, Scratch, Surprise, 3-D, Paint, Magazine, Smudge, Write, Draw, and Pastels. For the "surprise" task I added fabric to my layout, which I'm trying to do on each of my pages for this challenge. The fabric pieces are the blue hearts (positive and negative images).

I'm looking forward to seeing what our 3rd prompt will be tomorrow on Bonnie's site.

10 comments:

Kari said...

Ginger--this is amazing! I really, really love it:) Great work. Sounds like Julian had fun with it too. Very cute! Good for you for trying all 16 steps. What a wonderful project and fantastic results. Just lovely!!

Monica said...

Beautiful collage! Love the image, kind of misterious and curious at the same time, very lovely!

gudrun said...

This is lovely. Can't believe it is your first collage ever. You are really an artist. :)

beth said...

WOW...I think collages are your thing....this is wonderful !!

Nerissa Alford said...

I love this one! It's beautiful.
Nerissa

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a Great image to use as a focal point! I really like this!

Fiona said...

A very calm, serene page. Really like it.

Sharon Tomlinson said...

This is a fabulos collage. I can't believe it is your first and it has so much depth in it. That's not easy. So please show us the next one.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful! Wow, I can't believe this is your first collage! It is stunning!!

xxxxx said...

I'm only seeing it now, but this page is fantastic. Well done! I love the soft serene colors.