Sunday, July 26, 2009

Photos of the Day Since Thursday

Day 204: I was going to fold a laundry basket full of towels but walked out of the room briefly. When I returned, Julian was folding for me and finished all of them! They're not perfect, but it was much appreciated. While Julian folded towels, Vincent put together a floor puzzle -- one of his favorite activities.



Day 205: I invited my parents over Friday night for an impromptu dinner and card game. My dad spent some quality time holding Emmett while I worked in the kitchen. We had a simple but yummy meal of an assortment of cheeses with crackers, hummus with pita chips and orange bell pepper strips, homemade tomato bruscetta, mini spinach turnovers, mixed fruit, and white wine (pinot grigio). And Mark and I beat my parents at shmear!


Day 206: Saturday we held a "potty party" day, like boot camp. We stayed home all day and put Vincent in underwear. We played games and did puzzles, did crafts, Mark got out his guitar, we listened to Raffi, and had all sorts of incentives to get Vincent on the potty. And none of it worked -- he wouldn't sit on the toilet even once. Sigh. We spend the day cleaning up the floor (and Vincent). I guess he's really not ready yet.


Day 207: This afternoon Mark took Julian and Vincent down to the park to ride bikes while I stayed home with the baby. Mark turned around to find Vincent sitting under a birch tree, playing with a stick he found. Cute.

No comments: